with love to indore

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Wish I was kid again

just saw this news item

http://patrika.com/news.aspx?id=558187

this is such a laudable step.
10 years back when I was writing these exams there was complete opacity , even your application for revaluation were limited to re totaling of marks and not revalaution and there was no way of knowing where you have been on wrong side of luck in your examiner giving average marks to students.

I was school topper throughout with wide margin, cleared NTSE, IIT JEE, CAT etc.
In class X I used to top school and class in all exams but in our final exam in social science 25 students in school got 90/100 (a record of sort..in no other subject such performance was there ..not this year ..never before)..but I got only 77, my closest competitor in class also got 78. In fact there used to be 3 sets of papers and everyone in our set got such marks. In fact we two had highest in our set.

Clearly we had been checked by some foolish checker and other set of people who claimed to have left 20-30 marks but ended up getting 90 had been checked by someone even fooler.

just to mention in the same exam I got 100 in math, 99 in science and all these set of 90 scorer got 80-50 marks -- commensurate with what they would have written.


I still wish to find those two gentlemen and ask them do you realise your laziness or negligence has cost so many things to so many people in life...?

now this cost me merit position
first rank in school
but more importantly years later when I was at IIM this potentially cost me my IIMA seat and some crucial company shortlists...

Hope now onwards no one will be treated in such a way by fate, mp board of secondary education, checkers and bureaucrats.

No comments:

Post a Comment